5 Reasons To Invest in Your Web Presence
A standalone website does not come close to achieving full value in today’s highly competitive marketplace. In this high speed, highly mobile business environment, an enterprise’s web presence must be supported by a number of applications, marketing strategies and disciplines. At the same time, the enterprise that does not commit to a strong Internet presence is not going to reap the benefits that more aggressive competitors, regardless of size, invest in their web presence.
To fully understand why a comprehensive presence is a necessity, consider data from the 2010 survey conducted by the Office of National Statistics.
- 78.7 percent of UK businesses had a website.
- 51.0 percent of businesses had mobile broadband using 3G.
- E-commerce sales represented 16.9 percent of total sales in 2010, up 0.9 percent over 2009.
- Estimated revenue from online sales in 2010 was £385.4bn.
- Only 15.3 percent of business UK websites were used to transact sales in 2010.
- 6.4 percent of selling websites registered sales in other EU nations.
- 5.0 percent of website sales were completed with customers outside the EU.
- Website sales beyond the EU totaled £95.9bn.
- In the UK, the wholesale sector has the strongest website sales (£37.5bn – 2010).
- The retail sector has the second largest amount of website sales (£12.8bn – 2010).